I can't believe how long physically n mentally this day is. Been up at 4am to drive dad to hospital. Tyre had to give way n go flat as I exit the highway in d morn. Didn't want d drama of kicking parents down d car to call for a cab when the hospital just 3 minutes away n yes I stretched the flat tyre for almost 1 km. not the best choice but at least parents reached destination.
Wish I could know more about this flat tyre changeout process. Had to tow baby blue to ubi which was 30minutes away.
Baby blue also attracted much attraction as it rested at the hospital taxi stand n blocking the whole stretch of traffic there. The tyre was quite exploded.
N dads operation went smoothly. I can't say how it could be much better because the doc came by n handled our many questions and emotional let go.
Well the living environment could be better I went to the patient service centre to enquiry how I could move dad from a b2 class to a A or b1. B2 is a highly subsidized ward n if I move him anywhere I've to foot the subsidy of almost $5000 n additional ward fees for the class change. The price breakdown is highly complicated or technical as it concerns government subsidy, amount that can be paid by medi shield n cash deposit. I was very confused as I did not know the 3 terms before. I went in twice n I still could not understand enough to make a concrete decision on whether I should pay for the upgrade. I know I'm not easy to talk to because I have to know enough for my neurons to hit by synapses to excite me to a decision.
The counter girl was Malay, scrawny and who speaks n type on the calculator like Ive worked there for years like she had. As she babbled on the cost I got frustrated because all I wanted to do was to understand and all she wanted to do was to do it her style. Coupled with jetlag which always get very difficult in the evening which could b the reason why I was quite thick in the head, I began to repeat my questions. And she began to look really irritated and so, I shouted at her I didn't exactly make sense all I wanted to do was to be loud at her. I wish I could be louder but I didn't had much to say.
Anyway then she began to talk to me like a kid which I'm sure she did it on purpose, I began to understand. I said a very quiet thanks and walked away. I still feel she could have done a better Job but from her tone I could tell she's just someone mediocre she can't read the situation good enough to b professional. In other words she's a little dim and I was a little obtuse.
Dads ok in bed at a 6beded ward. As we asked if hes ok he mumbled away feebly. Can't freaking tell what's his reply but heart feels painful to realise that he's freaking old now. I'm not upgrading his bed cos I'm afraid I'll increase outrageously his outpatient fees n any tests that he might have to do. He will still have to pay by medisheld even though I can pay part of it cash upfront. So I might just b causing more damage to him.
Need gods love n strength for me to go on. For Jesus so love the world that he gave up his one and only son. if it is already paid for I just have to rest in your spirit. I know I will b able, you will take over lord.
Too exhausted now. Good night



No comments:
Post a Comment