Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Updates ..






The best thing about working in Civil Service College is theres always food - left over catering food. Teabreaks in the morn and in the late noon. We are never hungry.





left over catering packed and drove back to CSC by my colleague (who is also caught often eating during the tea breaks and packing the food back home).



















This yam pastry mooncake is from Shi Zheng, not bad.

Made Darling buy mooncakes for my parents, The varieties are hand picked and researched by me. GWP no gd, sometimes can't sample it.


















Goodwood park hotel (from left) Cempedak (yuck!), Yam with red dates(snowskin) (special) and lotus. (nice).


















Oyster egg ( i only like the egg), chwee kuay (don't like), chee chong fun (YUMS), beancurd with beansprout inside. Delicious ba. AT Chomp chomp market.
price: abt $12.

The last few days I had to prepare my letter of contract with EDB. I have to have 2 sureties whom I dunno who to nominate. Firstly, my dad is over the age limit (but it means he's able to pay rite?), secondly nominating my mum means she has to go down Raffles City to sign the contract at 4pm (which means she might have to take leave) and Father said she might not noe how to go there. The mum defensively said she can take MRT. But the Father said its too troublesome for her who has to cook for the sister who has just gave birth. Then Father tell me to nominate Seyyuen, whom I violently reject. God I haven't talked to him for a decade. Thirdly, if i nominate the sister, can she go out since she has to do her confinement for a month with closed windows and doors in MY room?
Anyhows its my sister and the mum. *case closed *
These few days I've been caught up preparing for my Visa to U.S. It's such a complex and tedious application. Thank God I haven't have much work in CSC so i do them during work. Its not only the Visa, its the insurace I've to buy as well. And these documents have lines and lines of legal terms and conditions which I don't have time to break down and digest.
Next is the medical check up (again!) at Raffles Hopsital (Where?).
And then the informal Visa interview and then the formal. And then the briefing. And then meeting the US gal from last batch.
Going to U.S. is indeed quite troublesome, U.K. is ok you noe.
Well, maybe its a good thing that U.S. is more stringent.

No comments: